- So, when are you going to have kids?
- Are you catching the bug/itch?
- Don’t you want to have kids?
- Why don’t you have a baby yet?
- We weren’t even trying, and we got pregnant.
- [Insert any complaint about being pregnant or having a baby here.]
- We had sex once and got pregnant.
- It will happen in God’s timing.
- How many kids do you plan to have?
- You haven’t been trying for that long yet. Give it time.
Whether or not this woman is struggling with infertility, remember:
- It’s none of your business.
- You don’t understand what she’s going through (it’s different for each woman).
What you should say:
- If you need someone to listen, I will.
- Can I pray for you?
If you are struggling with infertility–this book helped me: “Moments For Couples Who Long For Children” by Ginger Garrett. Oh, and if you need someone to listen, I will. And, I am praying for you.
One Comment Add yours
AMEN! Having been through this myself, I could tell you amazingly insensitive things people said to me…it was one of the hardest experiences of my life. Even now, after three kids, those memories are still painful.